March 8, 2011

Tasting Room: Samuel Adams' Imperial White

Boy howdy, folks. You like white (wheat) beers? You may have to take a short break from them after this one.

In good fashion, given the "imperial" label, Sam Adams went above and beyond for this one. Everything about a good ol' wheat beer is amplified -- the mouthfeel, the fruity ending, the cloudiness -- making it a heck of a trip.

It looks so simple and innocent just sitting there.
This beer is in a rare category for me. Did I love it? Yes. Would I be in a rush to have another? Not sure. I always enjoy seeing what someone's imperial take on a style is, but that doesn't mean that they all come out as something I'd regularly drink. That said, bravo, Sam Adams, bravo.

(Fun fact: The company's website insists that due to "legal restrictions," this and Sam Adams' other imperial series beers aren't available in Idaho. Considering how many of their imperial stouts I've purchased, I can say this is very far from the case.)

No comments:

Post a Comment