October 24, 2010

Why did it have to be a drip coffeemaker?

It's a little trickier than I expected to get the right amount of coffee into beer. But after thorough testing and some able help from Mrs. Wife, I think an acceptable combination of the two is now stowed in two boxes of bottles on our shelves.

That's right. After a possible couple of months (I want to give this one a little aging time and see what it does) Sunrise & Sundown Stout will be ready for public release!

One of my last beers was noted for "sucking all of the light out of the room." I'm going for a repeat.

So far, it tastes like a decently hoppy stout along the lines of Guinness, of course now with the coffee thrown in. I'm quite happy with it.

I'm also getting better with not only saving bottles, but then properly cleaning and storing them. This batch's bottles were half old reused ones and half new, shipped from Boise when I realized a couple days ago that I didn't quite have two boxes' worth.

So convenient! So pricey.
I'll post updates as I test samples over the next few weeks.

(Oh! And I just found about five bottles left of the orange-coriander-wheat batch from a couple months ago. So, if you missed out on that or want some more, leave me a note.)

No comments:

Post a Comment